Johnj
2022-08-17T12:21:23Z
Hi all,
I’m looking at moving from the UK to ROI in the next 12 months so was after some advise.
I’ve held a shotgun certificate for at least 25yrs maybe longer I have also held firearms certificates but not in the last 10yrs.
I currently hold a shotgun certificate and have 6 shotguns I also have a 12 ft/lbs airgun.
I’ve got back into deer stalking and I’m a member of a syndicate.
My questions are would I be able to apply for an Irish certificate as a uk national?
I can store my guns until I had everything sorted and then transport them over once sorted.
I’m looking for a place with at least an acre of land so would that count as one of my permissions for a firearms licence application?
Im sure there is loads more I need to look into but I though this would be a good start
All the best john
Bullitt
2022-08-17T15:38:47Z
Originally Posted by: Johnj 

Hi all,
I’m looking at moving from the UK to ROI in the next 12 months so was after some advise.
I’ve held a shotgun certificate for at least 25yrs maybe longer I have also held firearms certificates but not in the last 10yrs.
I currently hold a shotgun certificate and have 6 shotguns I also have a 12 ft/lbs airgun.
I’ve got back into deer stalking and I’m a member of a syndicate.
My questions are would I be able to apply for an Irish certificate as a uk national?
I can store my guns until I had everything sorted and then transport them over once sorted.
I’m looking for a place with at least an acre of land so would that count as one of my permissions for a firearms licence application?
Im sure there is loads more I need to look into but I though this would be a good start
All the best john

Hi and welcome to the forum John.

As a UK national living in Ireland you will be able to apply for a firearms license here. You will need a license for each of your guns at 80 Euro an application per gun. You will also have to give a reason as to why you need each gun. What purpose is each one for, duck shooting, clay shooting etc. You will need a license for the airgun too, correct me if I am wrong, you don't in the UK I believe?

When applying, you have to prove competence to own a firearm. Here you just state that you are/where licensed in the UK and have previous experience with firearms.

https://www.theshootingf...21-Deer-Stalking-Courses 

The acre can count towards permission as long as it is not near any houses. I don't think there is any law on it but 70 yards is given as a guideline by the NARGC.

I have made a thread previously about what is required for a license and also some links to Garda/Department of Justice sources:
https://www.theshootingf...e-In-Republic-Of-Ireland