Bullitt
2021-08-22T07:30:31Z
What kind of insurance cover do people have when they are shooting? Who gives the best coverage?

I use Country Sports Ireland . Can't say anything bad about them, never had to make any claims(touch wood). They cover all types of shooting for €40 a year which is a good price.

bugs_bunny
2021-08-22T16:46:46Z
My target club has liability insurance included in its fees, but this doesn't cover shooting outside of the club. I imagine most if not all target clubs would function this way. In the north, a lot of people use either Country Sports Ireland as well or the NSRA for insurance that covers them for the fields etc. At the same time, I reckon there's many who wouldn't even think about insurance unless someone said to them.
Bullitt
2021-08-22T18:59:43Z
Originally Posted by: bugs_bunny 

My target club has liability insurance included in its fees, but this doesn't cover shooting outside of the club. I imagine most if not all target clubs would function this way. In the north, a lot of people use either Country Sports Ireland as well or the NSRA for insurance that covers them for the fields etc. At the same time, I reckon there's many who wouldn't even think about insurance unless someone said to them.

If I am being honest, I was of the same mindset for a long time(with the no insurance). With the way things are now though, better safe than sorry. A lot of guys I interact with online say they wouldn't shoot without insurance, but I don't think I have met anyone IRL who have cover for shooting in the field outside of the NARGC fund.
Ketch22
2021-08-24T10:16:57Z
I use Country Sports Ireland. I would never shoot on anyone's land without insurance.

The only other coverage I know of would be Countryside Alliance, but I don't have any experience with them so can't vouch for them.
Bullitt
2021-08-24T11:06:12Z
Originally Posted by: Ketch22 

I use Country Sports Ireland. I would never shoot on anyone's land without insurance.

The only other coverage I know of would be Countryside Alliance, but I don't have any experience with them so can't vouch for them.

I don't think Countryside Alliance is offering cover down here anymore. Only in the UK. On their website it says they will be offering coverage as IFA Countryside after a merger last year.

© 2021 - The Shooting Forum